Save Griffintown!


They’re baaaaack….. by ajkandy
February 27, 2010, 4:14 pm
Filed under: griffintown

Reader Roger sends a link to a LesAffaires.com article, in which it’s stated that a new, smaller Projet Griffintown, built solely below Wellington (abutting the train tracks) is set to go forward as early as this fall, presuming the plans are approved by the new administration. It’s said the plans may come under harder review because Projet Montreal’s Richard Bergeron is head of urbanism; so far, the report says that the project will be mostly residential and have only a few shops, not a full-blown shopping centre as previously planned. The controversial PPU which allowed for much higher building heights is still in effect, but the existing street grid will be preserved.

Read the full article here at Les Affaires.

Comments Off



Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.